Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fee Fi Fo Samiches, beansnaps and the runny nose

Tonight Q was in a "giant" kick.  He kept saying "Fee Fi Fo Samiches " and talking about giants...  I laughed and started saying the classic line of "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman" in my best gruff giant voice.  He laughed and repeated it and did very well.  I have no clue where the "samiches" came from, but the other day he started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little French Fry" -- so who knows.

Because he was in a "giant" mood I decided to read him "Jack and the Beanstalk".  He was very excited when I told him about it and he kept repeating "Mommy where is Jake and the beansnap?  I wanna see Jake and the beansnap".   Finally, we made it through about the first 2 pages to where the book starts to talk about the giant's wife.  The book that we were reading had a nice big color illustration of the giant's wife.  He was very afraid of her and called her "big lady giant".  I told him she was a nice giant at which point he leaned in real close to study her picture and he leaned back and said "lady giant has a runny nose".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment chumpee!